Tuesday, June 13, 2006

What I do for a crust Part5- Animatics

Sometimes storyboards aren't enough for clients to pitch their advertisements to test audiences. Another option they have are animatics. Basically these are similar to storyboards but the frames have various layers of movement which allow the creatives to make a simple animation to present to test audiences via the television. Usually the layers consist of basic arm movements, talking mouths and blinking eyes etc.

Here are some samples of my animatics. Very similar to my storyboard samples, but the frame sizes are different in dimensions, so as to fit standard and widescreen television formats.

2 Comments:

Blogger Pauk said...

It would be awesome if you could show an example of an actual animated one. Or do they do that after you're done with them?

2:00 AM  
Blogger Chris Wahl said...

They usually animate it themselves. But one day I'll give it a go, and I'll post my results.

1:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

All artwork © Chris Wahl 2019 unless otherwise stated. All characters are copyright to their respective owners